Fall 2020 Season Update 8/7/2020

UpdatedFriday August 7, 2020 byChris Kelly.

Update for BAAB Families

Friday, August 7, 2020

Good afternoon, Broncos! Our fall season is just around the corner.

As you know, registration for our fall season remains open. We understand many of you want to review our safety plan before you make a final decision about your child’s participation. Gwinnett County Parks and Rec (GCPR) has responsibility for reviewing our safety plan and granting our field use permit. The permitting process is more extensive this season, so we may not receive our permit until next week.

Our board will meet this Sunday evening. We will conduct a final internal review of our safety plan, and we will post our safety plan following our meeting. Please note: Our safety policy will not be “official” until GCPR issues our permit.

To provide you with additional time, we are taking the following actions:

  • We will extend our registration deadline to Monday, August 10, 6:00pm. We are not charging a late fee.
  • We will take late registrations after Monday, August 10, at 6:00pm but we will impose the $25 late fee from that point forward.
  • We will also allow parents to withdraw their child(ren) without penalty if they submit their withdrawal request on or before Monday, August 10, at 6:00pm. If you wish to withdraw your child(ren) please email president@baabonline.com. We will process your refund as quickly as possible.

We will begin holding league drafts next week. Practices will start as early as Friday, August 14. Games begin the weekend of September 11-13.

You have been very patient with us as we work through the logistics of a fall season. We ask for your continued patience and cooperation as we implement our safety plan. We long for a time when social distancing requirements are a distant memory, but for now, we must practice responsibility and restraint.

If you have any questions, please email president@baabonline.com.


Inman J. Houston, President

Brookwood Baseball and Softball