Cancellation of Activities- Updated 3/26UpdatedWednesday April 1, 2020 byChris Kelly.
Updates for BAAB Families
Thursday, March 26, 2020
First, I hope you are well. We are all adjusting to our current reality. I miss seeing you all at the park, and I miss the sights and sounds of baseball and softball. Every time I step outside and see the sun shining, I want to drive to Bethesda Park and play ball!
I know you are receiving a lot of information from many different sources. My practice is to inform you as we have new information to share. In this communication I hope to answer the questions we are all asking.
What is the current status of our season?
All team activities, including all games and practices, are canceled through Sunday, April 12, 2020. As we make determinations about our schedule, we follow two entities. Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) most closely aligns with our program. In general, we follow decisions made by GCPS officials. GCPS announced yesterday that digital learning will continue the week of April 6-10. We also fall under the authority of the Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation Department (GCPRD). At the present time, GCPRD has suspended all permits. With our permit suspended, we cannot use the fields at Bethesda Park. We do not know when GCPRD will lift this suspension, and we do not know when they will reevaluate their current position. Until GCPRD lists the suspension, we cannot move forward with our spring season. GCPRD has closed all fields. No one should be on the fields at Bethesda Park. You can find additional information concerning the status of Gwinnett County parks here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=120011936271037&id=106018594337038.
When will you make a decision to cancel the season?
At this point, we have not made a decision to cancel our season. As a board, our position is to play if we can. If we decide to cancel the season now, we lose our ability to respond to new information. We want to maintain maximum flexibility. We cannot “undo” a decision to cancel the season. When/if such a decision becomes necessary, we will notify you immediately.
Will BAAB issue full or partial refunds?
We will make a decision regarding refunds once we reach a final decision about the status of our season. Issuing refunds is a complex and tedious process, and we do not want to initiate more than one round of refunds. I do want to assure you that our board remains committed to you and your family. If we cancel or shorten the season, we will provide you with specific information regarding refunds. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, and you have an immediate financial need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will work with you.
If you have urgent questions I have not addressed in this communication, please email me. Our board wants to support you during this unusual time.
Inman J. Houston